NARAL Pro-Choice California is seeking a development intern to assist in donor research and prospecting and prepare for donor meetings. The intern will assist with updating the donor database, editing and creating development materials, assisting with event management and other various tasks. This position may also entail assistance in NARAL Pro-Choice California and America’s special events management. Duties may include vendor and volunteer management, communications (drafting solicitation letters), and general administrative support.
· Currently enrolled in or recently completed an accredited undergraduate or graduate degree program;
· Demonstrated commitment to protecting a woman’s right to choose;
· A strong desire to be a part of the political process;
· Strong research and analytical skills;
· Excellent written and oral communication skills;
· Ability to work in a fast-paced collaborative environment;
· Attention to detail;
· Adept in using a variety of online tools to compile background and capacity information for potential donors
NARAL Pro-Choice CA is the political leader of the pro-choice movement in California.The development intern will gain in-depth knowledge of reproductive rights, have the opportunity to work closely with the progressive donor community, and join a team of experienced political and development professionals.
A minimum of 10-15 hours per week is required along with a three month commitment. This is a paid position located in San Francisco, CA.
While internship resumes will be accepted on a rolling basis as space allows, this position will have a start date in April 2014.
To apply, submit a one-page letter of interest and current resume to Katie Gardner (KGardner@ProChoiceAmerica.org).
NARAL Pro-Choice America is an equal opportunity employer. All our positions require a sensitivity to and appreciation of cultural differences.