As the nation’s leading pro-choice advocacy group, NARAL Pro-Choice America is dedicated to protecting and expanding reproductive freedom for all Americans, including abortion access. Along with more than one million member activists from all 50 states and network of state affiliates, NARAL works to guarantee that each woman has access to the full range of reproductive freedoms. This means we’re on the front lines in the fight to expand access to abortion, make contraception more affordable, prohibit discrimination against pregnant woman, and ensure all parents have access to paid leave. In recognition of our work defending the constitutional right to abortion, Fortune Magazine rated NARAL as "one of the top 10 advocacy groups in America.”
At NARAL, we don't operate or litigate; we organize and mobilize. Working together, we push our friends to be bolder, lift up the champions fighting with us on the front line for true reproductive freedom, and we shine a spotlight of accountability on bad actors that works to impose their ideological agenda on others.
Location: San Francisco, California
Reports To: Assistant Director of California Programs
Positions Reporting to this Position: N/A
This Position is: Non-exempt Non-management Non -Union
Summary: The Program Intern supports programmatic campaigns and projects through research, collaboration with staff and external stakeholders, social media and website maintenance and administrative support.
· Research for legislative and political campaigns
· Maintaining and updating politically-relevant documents and materials;
· Assisting in the planning and logistical preparation for internal and external meetings; participating in on- and off-site meetings as necessary;
· Supporting and maintaining website and social media outlets
· General administrative duties as needed
· Organized with a great attention to detail
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills
· Able to work with a wide variety of people, anticipate needs, prioritize and handle a variety of projects
· Professional demeanor and appearance required
· A strong interest in electing pro-choice candidates to office and passing pro-choice legislation is required.
· Campaign or other electoral experience is a plus
· Currently enrolled in or recently completed an accredited undergraduate or graduate degree program;
· Demonstrated commitment to protecting a woman's right to choose;
· A strong interest in the political and policy-making process;
· Strong research and analytical skills;
· Ability to work in a fast-paced collaborative environment;
· Excellent attention to detail;
· Experience with Microsoft Office and Google Drive preferred;
· General computer proficiency.
NARAL Pro-Choice America is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity.
To apply, please submit a one-page letter of interest, resume, and 1-2 page writing sample to: