The Program Manager position will take the lead mobilizing members in support of legislative and political campaigns. This position manages the state political action committee, PrivacyPAC, and requires the ability to work evenings and weekends. This position is based in San Francisco, CA.
Member engagement and activation
· Design and implement strategies to grow and engage NARAL Pro-Choice California’s membership in support of legislative, advocacy and political campaigns.
· Plan and execute member engagement and activation phone banks, canvasses and events.
· Create materials in support of engagement strategies.
· Work with team to establish campaign organizing benchmarks and actions.
· Develop plans, set timelines, manage progress, and report on successes and challenges of projects.
· Serve as a trainer and workshop facilitator as needed.
· Assist with data maintenance as related to organizing initiatives.
· Assist with volunteer recruitment and management.
· Manage program interns as needed.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Manage the state PrivacyPAC including the reporting requirements, fundraising, and general administration of the PAC.
· Working with the State Director, manage the PAC board meetings including scheduling and creating the agenda and materials.
· Manage the endorsement process including the questionnaire process.
· Develop relationships with other progressive PACs to identify opportunities for collaboration.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
· Minimum of 3 years of experience in grassroots issue-based political organizing, including developing strategy, planning, budgeting, and implementation.
· Working knowledge of political and advocacy campaigns, coalition building, volunteer management, field organizing and budgeting.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Relevant training and facilitation experience.
· Demonstrated ability to work well with others and handle multiple tasks.
· Ability to work independently.
· Demonstrated excellence in writing and oral communications.
· Demonstrated experience in Word and Excel for Windows, VAN, database software, Internet and graphics program preferred.
· Ability to travel.
· Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
· Commitment to NARAL Pro-Choice America’s goals and programs.
· A commitment to contributing to a workplace environment in which diversity is valued and supported.