What is Choice?
|Home > What is Choice?|
Anti-choice organizations and individuals want to outlaw abortion, regardless of the woman's situation. They will stop at nothing to make it harder for women to access abortion. They even target the doctors who provide abortion care.
Anti-choice people use many of the following tactics to reach their goals:
- Violent tactics that intimidate doctors and patients
- Bans on safe abortion methods that protect women's health
- Restrictions on low-income women's access to abortion and other health care
- Dangerous laws that jeopardize young women's health and safety
- "Crisis pregnancy centers" that intentionally mislead women
- "Personhood" measures that would ban abortion
- Distortions of science to instill fear
- Restrictions on women's access to RU 486
- Refusal clauses that deny women basic health services
We also believe in reducing the need for abortion. This means we support improving access to birth control and teaching young people comprehensive sex education.
We will always have to fight to keep abortion safe and legal. This means defeating attacks in Congress and in the states.
Finally, we always are sure to separate anti-choice myths from facts.