What is Choice?
Crisis Pregnancy Centers
|Home > What is Choice?|
Crisis Pregnancy Centers
It’s alarming. The number of "crisis pregnancy centers” (CPCs) has exploded in
. CPCs are the "clinic arm” of the anti-choice movement and NARAL Pro-Choice California Foundation has been investigating these centers for the past two years. Our report, "Unmasking Fake Clinics” reveals our findings from a two-year-long undercover investigation of more than 200 CPCs in California. CPCs are operating in Oakland, San Francisco, and Los Angeles, in addition to more conservative areas, covering the state of California. California
Our report is now available in Spanish: Desenmascarando Clínicas Falsas.
Find out if there is a CPC near you and alert your friends about these centers in your community.
CommunityWalk Map - California CPCs
The report reveals a disturbing pattern of how these unregulated centers mislead women about their reproductive health-care options, thus posing a serious threat to women's health.
The key findings of our study are as follows:
- Forty percent of CPCs in our study advised that hormonal birth control increases the risk of infertility and breast cancer;
- Sixty percent of CPCs in our study advised that condoms are ineffective in reducing pregnancy and the transmission of certain STDs;
- Seventy percent of CPCs in our study advised that abortion increases the risk of breast cancer;
- Eighty-five percent of CPCs in our study advised that abortion increases the risk of infertility and;
- Eighty-five percent of CPCs in our study advised that abortion leads to mental health problems.
Read our report and get the facts about CPCs and what's happening in California-- protect yourself and protect your friends from these fake clinics.
An example of a CPC advertisement:
"The staff person told me horror stories about abortion. She told me about one woman who was left alone with instruments inside her at the abortion clinic. She told me that women who have abortions have strong reactions when they hear vacuums because they use vacuums to remove the fetus." - Grace, 24, Investigative Volunteer
Get involved with NARAL Pro-Choice California Foundation by working to fight CPCs in your community today! Email Info@ProChoiceCA.org to volunteer.
Check out mentions of our report and more on California CPCs in the news here!
66,608 Americans Call on Yellowpages.com and Superpages.com to Stop Allowing Deceptive Anti-Abortion Ads